Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Buckwheat Flour - 50% off!!!

About a month ago, my little family all came down with viral pharyngitis (not fun with a two and one year old). My girls got better in a reasonable time frame after they initally caught it, but I haven't been able to shake it.  This has resulted in my girls catching it again. *UGH!* So we all have ulcers in our throats, runny noses and cranky attitudes. 

Anyway, before the pharyngitis epidemic hit our house, I made an exciting discovery while trying to trim our grocery bill a little.  Since we eat a significant amount of buckwheat flour, I thought try to buy it in bulk somewhere. Surely I could find it cheaper than at Whole Foods where this tiny 32 oz bag of buckwheat flour cost me $4.79, or $2.39/lb.

 I'm quite happy to report I was right and found a 25 lb bag of organic buckwheat flour here for $30.38. 

The deal got even sweeter when I noticed this product was eligible for Subscribe and Save, which knocked the price down to $25.82, or $1.03/lb!! AND, I got free shipping!! I contacted the company to make sure no wheat flour had been mixed in and they assured me it was pure buckwheat flour.  I ordered it and have been extremely pleased.  There is a slight difference in the texture, which has not affected the quality of the food I prepare.  And, for 50% savings, I'm willing to put up with it *smile.*

If you try it, let me know what you think! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment